Friday, February 4, 2011

Caring in Clackamas

I was standing in line to buy myself a sandwich in Clackamas, Oregon. I had just had a phone call that my book tour had been called off on account of whether--whether or not the bookstores had decided to carry my book. Sometimes I share such things with the unfortunate souls who are in the vicinity, telling myself that I am saving family and friends from my whining and that if I embarrass myself, I will likely never see those people again. I was eying the cookies and told the clerk I was going to treat myself, since I had just received disappointing news about my book signing tour. The man ahead of me in line, who kind of looked like I pictured Hell's Angel cousin Victor from the book, said "Her meal is on me. And add some extra cookies." It made my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment